Wednesday 10 April 2013

Bath Uni - Leaflet redesign

After my recent visit to Opal Print, it became apparent that I would need to redesign my science leaflets if I wanted them printed at a sensible cost. I was told that the five-panel concertina design could have a maximum width of 430mm, making a max page width of 86mm. A page height of 103mm max would allow three leaflets to be printed per sheet.

I rejigged the format to these specifications but decided it looked a bit squat. As it would only be marginally more expensive to print two leaflets per sheet, especially at such a low run (250 or 500 to start with), I also did a slightly taller version with a page size of 86mm x 120mm.



I think that this intermediate size (to the right in the photos) is the most suitable. I also had to bear in mind that a minimum font size of 8pt was recommended by Opal, due to the fact the the text is white out of an orange background.

I showed the two new formats to the Bath Uni guys this week and they seemed happy with my decision to go with the taller version.

No comments:

Post a Comment